We believe that:
Student activities are a vital part of middle and high school education.
Participation in a well organized and diverse program of activities under the direction of well-qualified advisors provides students with opportunities to learn critical lessons in leadership, followership, character, communication, teamwork, decision-making, and individual potential.
The middle school/high school activities program enhances and complements the academic programs.
Our students should be assisted to achieve a manageable balance of activities and academics.
To provide our students with opportunities to:
- Explore new possibilities
- Develop interpersonal skills
- Develop leadership skills
- Develop organizational skills
- Develop life skills
- Enhance self-development
All events and activities at the high and middle schools are advertised in the daily bulletin, “The Morning Announcements.”
This bulletin is posted throughout the school and read aloud by teachers in the first period of each day.
Students are encouraged to consult the morning announcements for information on deadlines, activities, special schedules, etc.
- The Highroglyphics is a High School weekly bulletin that is distributed each Thursday of the week. It provides information on school initiatives, highlights weekly activities and student achievements.
- The News and Views is a Middle School weekly bulletin that is distributed each Thursday of the week. It provides information on school initiatives, highlights weekly activities and student achievements.
- Cairoglyphics is an all school monthly newsletter that provides information on all aspects of the school. It includes a letter from the superintendent as well as reports and articles from the counseling offices (ES, MS & HS), athletics office, performing arts.... etc. It’s aim is to keep the CAC community aware of all the wonderful things happening at Cairo American College.